In the most general terms, sustainable development has been defined as development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of the future generations to meet their own needs. It deals with the harmonisation of three core … Read the rest
Pros of linking rivers :-
- Some rivers cause floods and some other rivers do not have sufficient water, thereby causes droughts in the nearby areas. Interlinking these rivers will achieve water-balance and will solve the problems of floods and droughts
What is Plastic pollution :-
- Plastic pollution is the accumulation of plastic on earth which is negatively impacting environment and living beings. Plastic is non-biodegradable and takes approx 500 to 1000 years to completely degrade.
Intensity of the situation :-… Read the rest
Present situation in India :-
- UNESCO’s report, 2018 predicts that India will have intensified water crisis by 2050.
- Atleast 140 districts in India are facing severe water scarcity as of May 2018.
- In India, if a person has no drinking
- Global Warming is termed as a global problem which emphasises that each and every nation on this planet is equally responsible for resolving the deteriorating condition of the earth. This means that the developing countries must hold uniform equity