Table of Contents
Points to speak:
- As the population is continuously increasing, there is a growing need for housing, which is resulting in the cutting of trees.
- Agriculture is also another reason for deforestation. Agriculture was started approximately 12,000 years ago. Since then, humans have cleared nearly 5.8 trillion trees.
- Industrialization further decreased the number of trees.
- Mining is also one of the reasons for deforestation.
- Infrastructure such as roads, buildings are also eliminating greenery.
- Growing energy requirements led to the clearing up of large tracts of land for solar energy, wind energy and other power plants.
- Increasing forest fires are causing even more loss of forest cover.
- Decreasing air moisture due to climate change is causing declining plant growth.
Earth is losing its greenery due to many factors including an increasing number of houses and agriculture. We need to take steps to increase forest cover to restore nature. There is a need to balance the development and restoration of the environment.
What is your point of view on this topic? Express your thoughts through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
Photo by mali maeder from Pexels
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.