Points to speak on “The future of Travel”:
- Pandemic and resultant lockdowns hit the tourism sector badly. After opening tourist spots for fully vaccinated, people started travelling without fear. So, the tourism industry is recovering. As people had to stay at home for a long time, more and more people are showing interest to travel to tourist spots. The number of tourists will grow in the coming years.
- As the pandemic increased the work from home options and e-learning facilities, many people are now staying at tourist spots for a long time to fully explore the place and to connect with local people, food and culture. Slow travel has become a trend. Many hotels are providing offers on month-long stays. This can increase drastically in the coming months.
- Now people are more aware of the impact of tourism on the environment. So, many tourists are opting for ecotourism by minimizing the impact on the environment. In the coming years, more options and opportunities will be developed to reduce the negative impact of tourism on the environment.
- The global middle class is growing fast. So, more people will have enough money to travel and hence the number of tourists will continue to grow. Budget travelling may dominate the expensive vacations. As we have witnessed the pandemic, people may continue to prefer carrying food and water.
- After the pandemic, the demand is more for the less crowded tourist spots. So, more tourist spots will be developed and the tourist attractions will be diversified.
- Screening for infectious diseases can become a new normal in airports and at tourist spots.
- Some people are staying in hotels in their own cities to have a mini-vacation and also to get a break from routine. This phenomenon can continue to grow.
- Virtual travel is also booming. With less expense, we can visit the tourist attractions using Virtual Reality (VR) technology. This will continue to grow.
With the increasing number of work from home opportunities, more and more are now travelling to tourist spots and are also staying for a long term to fully explore the place. This will continue in the coming years. Moreover, as the global middle class is growing, more and more people will start to explore exotic places.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Express your point of view through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
Photo by Mwabonje from Pexels
- Up in the air: The future of travel
- Google Identifies the Trends That Will Shape the Future of Travel
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.