- At present, all rivers and lakes in India are in the authority of respective state government.
- In some areas floods are occurring and in some areas droughts occurring. If we connect all the rivers these problems will be solved. So, India is planning to nationalize water resources.
- Well planned architecture is needed to connect all this rivers.
- To nationalize water resources, every state have to agree for the proposal.
- Flood and drought conditions will be prevented.
- Some fertile lands are wasting because of lack of water facility.
- Water have been moving to the sea. By connecting the rivers, we can redirect to dry places.
- As there is the difference in height of lands, we can generate power in this project if we plan to do so
- Many will get employment during the project and also after completion of the project for maintaining purpose.
- We can avoid the fights between states.
- In some areas, industrial waste have been disposing in rivers. This polluted water will spread all over the country.
- It requires lakhs of acres of land.
- There is a argument in against to this proposal that instead of nationalizing all the rivers, we should make people aware of water saving methods such as preserving the rain water etc.
Your Turn :- What are your thoughts on this topic? Feel free to express your opinion in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.