In this post we will be posting as many ideas on Red that can be used as leads in a discussion. Depending on the consensus of the group, pick up one idea for a discussion or go on discussing the multiple aspects of red.
Red is a very vibrant colour that signifies passion, love, courage, happiness on one end; danger, blood & violence on the other side, both strongly. So, it is a coin with two sides, broadly love and war.
Red as a political colour :-
- strongly associates with the idea of revolution. Communists considers themselves as revolutionaries & the communist parties across the world use red to strongly represent their shared agenda & their historic association with revolution. In fact, they use red so extensively than other ideologists use of their respective colours.
- It is also used to represent socialism. The oldest symbol of socialism, the Red flag dates back to 18th century & the French revolution- 1848.
- The red flag symbolizes for the blood of their people who lost lives in the revolution – (French revolution origins. other prominent revolutions across the world, losses, gains- reasons for their birth, how to prevent, international efforts..etc it can be picked up as a GD.)
Red letter day :-
- A day that is pleasantly noteworthy or memorable. The word originated from the practice of marking the dates of church festivals on calendars in red – (This can turn out to be a fantastic GD if every participant speaks about what is the Red Letter day according to him/her & state why?)
- Ex: I would like to state the red letter day in the history of India, i.e. is 15th Aug 1947 – the moment when the world’s biggest democracy has breathed the airs of independence after 2 centuries of slavery. It is the remark of selfless efforts, dedication & perseverance of an entire nation. We can observe some of the best leadership styles in this independence movement, all different but directed towards the achievement of a common objective.
- The red letter day in the history of human kind/ in science/ medicine ..etc.
Red planet :-
- It’s another name for the planet Mercury, in Greek, Mars is the God of War, i.e blood & red. The planet looks red because of the reddish iron oxide prevalent on its surface.
- It is one of the prominent planets that captured human fascination for research of life on it & conditions suitable for human settlements.
- India has achieved a great milestone in its space research through the launching of Mangalyan/ Mars Orbiter Mission (MoM). India achieved this feat in its first attempt & is the first country to do so. It reflects the technological strength of India.
Red for branding :-
- Red is used by some corporate companies, for example Coca-Cola: Coke used red to represent happiness, power, freedom & liveliness.
- Red can stimulate appetite, which makes it an excellent choice for branding a food or drink This shows that colours are not meant for just visuals but they will impact subconsciously the psychology of a person & play an integral part in the success of the brand/ product.
A few other thoughts that can also be used are:
- Red Character – Morgan Freeman – Why it’s called so – the Irish origins. why Irish associated with red?
- October red revolution – Revolution origins & the significance
- Red flowers & vegetables- Strawberries, tomatoes – health benefits
- Red Sea – the economic & political importance of red colour & sea trade
Afterwords :- Do you have any other ideas for Red color GD topic? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. Subscribe to our blog to know answers to latest group discussion topics.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.
Subscribe to GD Ideas
Ask a GD Topic
We’ll try our best to write content for the asked topics as soon as possible.