Table of Contents
- Only 22 per cent of the health expenditure is public funded in India as compared to 44 per cent in the US, or 95 per cent in countries like Sweden or 75 per cent in all the market economies of the world taken together.
In Favor :-
- Private hospitals spend vast amounts of money to buy necessary equipment.
- Private hospitals keep their hospitals clean, and take more care of their patients.
- Government itself can’t invest more money for hospitals. So, it’s better to give responsibility to private people.
- Because of commercialization of health care number of doctors is increasing.
In Against :-
- Private hospitals recommends tests and medicines unnecessarily, just for their profit.
- Not everyone can afford treatment in private hospitals.
- There are many cases of unnecessary surgeries in private hospitals.
Commercialization of healthcare results in bringing better facilities and infrastructure to the healthcare system. But this should not lead to high costs that are not affordable to many. To provide universal access to healthcare, government should improve the quality of treatment in government hospitals.
Your Turn :- What are your thoughts on this topic? Feel free to express your opinion in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.