- Population growth provides us with a more number of working population, which is needed nowadays for speed progress.
- India’s population is termed as a young population as the average age of Indian population is around 25-26 years, which is considered as productive age. This kind of population can help the economy to grow.
- Greater population means more consumers for industries. So many industries focus on the countries having large population to sell their products. This leads to competition and eventually fall in the prices of many things.
- Larger population provides a great manpower. If this manpower is utilized efficiently in different sectors , it can lead the country towards prosperity.
- Population explosion also provides us with people of multiple talents in the fields such as sports, music, art etc. If a country invests well on human resources and provides enough opportunities to the people, it can come up with vast pool of talented people.
- If the number of working population is greater than kids and elders, they can support them. This will reduce the dependency rate. As the dependency rate decreases, savings will increase, so are the investments. This will result in hike in the productivity, which will ultimately help the economy grow.
- In the European countries which have been experiencing zero or negative population growth, people are offered incentives to encourage them to have more children in order to increase their population as their economy is in shambles. This shows that we can not overlook the potential of a big number.
- The increase in population puts a pressure on the several resources that we have. This leads to the overall shortage in land, jobs, capital, housing, and health services.
- Rapid population explosion has led to the over exploitation of the natural resources and degradation of environment.
- Environment degradation has resulted in many natural calamities that rarely happened earlier. It has also fastened global warming. Human actions are increasing it even more, deteriorating the situation.
- For a huge population, it becomes more difficult to provide the facilities so basic such as water, health etc. Even if provided somehow, then the quality of the facilities decreases.
- For feeding a large population, we need more production of food. Even though new techniques of agriculture have manifold our productions many times, there is still malnutrition reported in the developing and poor countries.
- Poverty is one of the reasons why people couldn’t get enough resources for themselves. Not having enough money takes a considerable toll on the availability of services.
- When the population is large, there are employment issues. Many people have the necessary qualifications but there are not enough jobs for them.
- Many people turn towards the illegal activities due to unemployment and poverty, which leads to the waste of manpower, both in illegal activities and in keeping these in check.
- Population explosion ultimately leads to the decrease in per-capita income and standard of living of the people.
- A large population makes efficient management a burdensome task. If not managed properly, achieving the sustainable development would become a dream for us.
- Population explosion is the sudden increase in the numbers of individuals in a community.
- Lately we have been facing population explosion in many countries of the world. In the past 200-300 years, the world’s population has increased tremendously.
- It is predicted that human population will increase by 1 billion in the next decade.
- Population explosion results mainly due to difference between birth rates and death rates.
- Whereas many people look at the population explosion as a problem or have negative perspective about it, several people also look at it as an huge opportunity for a nation to achieve it’s ambitions.
While the population explosion can give us many opportunities for development, it also takes a toll on our resources. This results in the degradation of the quality of living. The quality of a undernourished, poverty stricken, unhealthy but big society is definitely lower than a smaller but healthy, educated, economically secured, and well employed society.
The population can be our strength only when we have resources and power to feed, provide the basic facilities, health care and jobs. This will mould them into an asset. But in reality, we don’t have the necessary resources to do this. So we must put our efforts into the prevention of further increase of the population. We need to strike a balance between the quality and quantity.
Afterwords :- What’s your opinion on population explosion? Feel free to express your thoughts on this topic in the comments section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.
Subscribe to GD Ideas
Ask a GD Topic
We’ll try our best to write content for the asked topics as soon as possible.