Here are some ideas to speak on ‘Pink’ GD Topic.
- When we think of Pink, the first thing that comes to our mind is that this color is associated with girls. Pink is associated with femininity and beauty from 1950s approximately. Before 1950s, Pink was associated with boys as it is a stronger color, and blue is associated with girls as it is a delicate color. But later the switch took place.
- There is a lot of criticism on associating the color pink with women. It is like gender stereotyping as pink is associated with calmness and giving care.
- It is believed that the switch happened when Nazis forced gay men to wear pink badges. Form that time, pink color is perceived as non-masculine color. Now, LGBT+ community associate themselves with pink color with pride.
- And the consequence of all these things is that Pink is used as a symbolic color for women and LGBT+ community.
- Brands that target women consumers use pink color to attract women. Many fashion brands do that. And some even made their logos in pink color.
- Pink ribbon is used to symbolise breast cancer awareness. This color is chosen to convey the empowerment of women.
- Pink derived its name from the flower ‘Pinks’. It is also called as rose in some places, because of rose flower.
- Pink is seen as a childish color. For example, in office meetings pink color is avoided to create a seriousness in the area.
- In one experiment, prison cells are painted with pink color to calm down violent prisoners. It worked and this experiment is done in different prisons with different shades of pink. One shade of Pink – ‘Baker-Miller Pink’ had calming effect on prisoners.
- There are some idioms with the word pink. For example, Pink slip means firing someone from job. In the pink means having good health.
- According to one research, almost 80% of the older people both men and women told that their favorite color is Pink. However for most of them the favorite color was different when they were younger.
- According to color psychology, pink is a sign of hope.
What are the other ideas that can be discussed for this abstract GD topic? Express your thoughts in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion ideas.