Indian Villages – Strength of India :-
- Mahatma Gandhi once said – “The future of India lies in its villages”. According to Gandhiji, villages are self-sufficient units. He believed that peace and non-violence exists in India.
- Villages are the backbone of India because most of the food crops are in villages. So literally, villages are feeding everyone.
- Ecological balance is maintaining by villages, because of the environment of villages. More trees, eco-friendly habits helps to keep villages pollution-free. Though the times are changing and pollution levels are increasing in villages, there is a huge difference between pollution levels of villages and cities.
- India’s economy depends a lot upon agriculture sector. Agriculture, along with fisheries and forestry, accounts for one-third of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product. Hence villages are the strength of Indian economy.
- India is well known for it’s traditional & cultural values, which can be seen more in villages. Festivals and traditional ceremonies are celebrated in villages, which are being forgotten by those who moved to cities.
- In villages, people have peaceful life compared to people of cities. Stress levels in the people of cities are higher comparatively. In this way also, villages can be our strength if we look back and learn from their lifestyle.
- Village people have more unity, helping nature, hardworking nature.
- Healthy food and lifestyle of villages is being replicated in cities these days, thus making India more healthier.
- Once, India was called as “Golden Bird” due to villages.
- People of other countries have positive on India and treat India as a spiritual destination. They are imbibing our practices and culture that is mainly in Indian villages, to lead a healthy and peaceful life.
Indian Villages – Weakness of India :-
- Illiteracy rate is high in villages..
- Poverty lies more in villages.
- Unemployment lies more in villages.
- Lack of water facility, transport facility, educational institutes.
- Increase in population because of high illiteracy rate in villages.
- Infant mortality rate is high because of illiteracy.
Villages are definitely our strength. But because of less support for agriculture, village people are migrating to cities. Government should provide loans and insurance for agriculture. Govt. should provide them chance to sell their products directly to customers. And Govt. should concern about education and basic needs of village people.
Your Turn… What are your thoughts on this topic? Feel free to express your opinion in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.
Subscribe to GD Ideas
Ask a GD Topic
We’ll try our best to write content for the asked topics as soon as possible.