Impact on USA & the world :-
- US & China are at a trade war due to Trump’s revised tariffs on Chinese goods to support American companies. This trade war is not just affecting both the countries but also the entire world.
- Trump’s government imposed sanctions on Iran. This is affecting Iran and also the countries that have economic relations with Iran.
- Donald Trump’s proposals to replace the foreign workforce with USA’s is threatening IT industry. Many IT companies may shift their base from the USA to other countries.
- The USA is not trying to solve international issues like before. For example, in August 2019 the USA is preparing to withdraw its military coups from Afghanistan.
- If we analyse past incidents, we can observe that Republicans are not that supportive of multilateral agreements with other countries. (Donald Trump is from Republican party).
- Most of the immigrants in the country are losing their jobs. Some immigrants are forced to return to their native places. Donald Trump proposed to ban immigrants from 7 Muslim countries as soon as he got elected. He is also trying to reduce the number of work visas to other countries’ citizens, especially to Indians.
- Illegal immigrants problem of USA may be solved. Most of them are believed to be Mexicans.
- White domination may increase in the USA. Coloured people may face discrimination. Attacks on other races are on the rise since Trump got elected.
- Trump is against lowering carbon emissions for climate change targets. He says that it is expensive to the USA’s manufacturing industries. In 2017, Trump’s government announced USA’s withdrawal from Paris Agreement on Climate Change mitigation (2015). Trump has faced so much criticism for this move.
- Trump’s tweets are effecting share market. For example, after he criticized the Nordstrom company and its shares prices fell within a day.
- On 8th November 2016, Donald Trump was elected as President for the United States of America as a successor to Barack Obama.
Reasons for Donald Trump’s win :-
- At present unemployment is one of the main problems in the USA. Trump’s promise of solving this gained support for him.
- White people constitute 63% of USA’s population. They have a fear of slipping into the minority. Donald Trump’s election promises are in favour of white Americans.
- By Hillary’s words, we can guess that Hillary Clinton won’t take any extreme decisions and will continue the previous policies as it is. This didn’t attract much support.
- Trump didn’t depend on donations for his campaigns. He spent his own money on that. This created a positive opinion that influential persons may not have a say in his decisions.
Many US citizens are not happy with Donald Trump’s decisions. And he has a lot of supporters as well. Under his rule, racism is increasing and the USA is closing its doors to other people. His protectionist policies are threatening the USA’s relations with other countries. Under Trump’s rule, the United States is losing its dominant position in the international community.
What is your opinion on Donald Trump’s presidency? Express your thoughts in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.