Positive Side :-
- Through Social media, youth is exchanging ideas & views in a win-win situation.
- Youth are turning into more understanding, when it comes to cultural differences and misunderstandings.
- Youth are now well aware of the things happening around the world because of ready information available in social media.
- Teachers are interacting with students and their parents efficiently.
- Social service is now became a trend among youth.
- Young entrepreneurs are attracting investors through social media.
Negative Side :-
- Addiction is a major negative side of social networks.
- Being overly active on social media has caused many serious disorders like insomnia, depression, poor inter-personal relationships, lack of concentration, high level of anxiety, ignorance and rudeness.
- Around 75% of youth creates profiles on multiple social networking sites and end up in spending most of their valuable time on updating each site number of times every day.
- On 8th of January 2017 a case of selficide was reported at AIIMS which is an addiction of taking selfies and this is in turn due to addiction to social networking.
- Some youngsters has lost connection and relationship with their family members and relatives due to excess use of social networking sites.
- It also effects them economically as the youth spends good amount of money for internet data packs.
- Some young people have lost jobs due to bad performance at work, because of spending a lot of time on social networks.
- Few young people are being trapped by criminals, who are using fake profiles in social networks to trap innocent youngsters.
Social media has a great impact on youngsters. Youth needs parental guidance to what is good and what is bad, so that they can protect themselves while enjoying the benefits of social networking.
Afterwords :- What is your opinion on this topic. Express your views in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.