Positive side :-
- Technology increases productivity and hence reduces the burden on workers and eliminates the burden of doing repetitive tasks. For this, workers need to learn some skills to stay employed. It’s just that the workers should be given training for the newly created jobs.
- Proliferation of technology results in the improved lifestyles, and hence consumerism increases and thereby results in more employment opportunities. For example, industrial revolution created more jobs than it eliminated.
- Due to technology, demand for technically skilled youth is increasing and hence more jobs available for educated youth.
- Technology helps in the growth of economy. Economic growth can be utilised to create more employment opportunities with better pay.
- Technologies has the potential to create large scale jobs in rural areas and hence addresses the rural unemployment issue. Till now, jobs with better pay are concentrated in urban areas.
Negative side :-
- Immediate result of new technologies will be job losses, because some jobs will become redundant.
- Artificial intelligence is replacing skilled professionals too. This can reduce the employment opportunities available for the technically skilled persons.
- At present gap in the career is worse than ever with changing and constantly improving technologies.
- Technical advancement is forcing people to continuously update their knowledge to sustain in the job market. This can be too overwhelming for some to balance work and personal life.
Technology changes the nature of jobs. Though, some jobs will become redundant, technological advancement have the potential to create many more employment opportunities than it eliminated. Continuous learning and updating the skills is the need of the hour.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Express your views in the comment section below. Subscribe to our blog to read answers to trending GD topics.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.