In Favor :-
- India is one of the most diverse countries in the world. There are many cultures, creeds in India. School uniforms are the best way to create a feeling that ‘We are all one‘.
- It instills the sense of belongingness to the school.
- It defines the school’s identity.
- Uniforms add professionalism to the school environment.
- It eliminates the pressure to pick the best dress everyday. Without uniforms, many children may get self-esteem issues.
- If the children are used to uniforms, they will no issues in the future if their profession demands uniform.
- It reduces financial burden, because there is no need to buy many clothes.
- Without uniforms, bullying will increase especially for those who can’t afford to buy many clothes.
- Uniform helps to eliminate discrimination based on financial status, caste and religion.
- It teaches discipline.
- Uniforms discourages the creation and maintenance of student gangs in schools. It eliminates the possibility of following their own dress code by gangs.
- Uniforms reduce distraction.
- Encourages team spirit.
- School uniform indirectly encourages children to become what the society wants them to become. They get accustomed to societal norms and rigid beliefs.
- School uniforms are a threat to cultures to some extent. Uniforms eliminates the possibility of wearing religious or cultural attires to schools.
- It violates the freedom of expression. Children should know and express their individuality.
- Not all children are comfortable in school uniforms. To be able to learn, first of all students should be comfortable in their clothes.
- Wearing the same dress everyday is monotonous and boring.
- Uniforms create a feeling that other school children are their rivals.
- Students face bullying regardless of the clothes they wear.
Conclusion :- Positive outcomes of school uniform outweigh the drawbacks. It’s good to wear uniforms and mingle with everyone in the learning years.
Afterwords :- What is your opinion on this topic? Express your views in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.