“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
Physical education should be made compulsory in schools because :-
- It automatically develops awareness about our body, a child from his childhood would know correct postures, correct eating habits, the importance of sports and regular exercises etc.
- Physical Education and sports develop discipline.
- It keeps them fit.
- It will improve their motor skills, hand-eye coordination and reflexes.
- It will improve their Basal Metabolism Rate (BMR) which will slow their ageing process and keep them away from obesity.
- A fit body will boost self-confidence and one can take part in various sports too, which in turn will develop team spirit, sportsmanship, leadership qualities, organizing abilities etc.
- Nutrition habits will improve as through physical education one will learn the side effects of fast food and regular exercising will automatically develop a healthy eating habit.
- Physical education will also divert a child’s mind from digital devices to outdoor activities.
- While exercising our body releases endorphins, adrenaline, serotonin and dopamine which makes us feel good, destressed and reduces the perception of pain. A child will feel increased energy levels and focus. Which will, in turn, give positive results in academics too.
- Research has shown that physically active kids do better in life. Here is some data about physically active kids:
- There are only 10% chances that they may be obese.
- Up to 40% higher test results, less chances of smoking and drug abuse.
- 15% more likely to go to college.
- About 10% higher earnings.
- More productive at work.
- Less health costs.
- They also turn out to be active parents passing on the same traits and developing the same habits in their children too, which results in an inter-generational cycle.
Physical Education is being neglected by most of the schools and parents in this highly competitive environment. The marks children are getting are at the cost of their health which should be avoided and an overall growth mentality has to be formed in the society. Which would lead to a fit and a happy world to live in.
What is your opinion on this topic? Express your thoughts in the comment section below. Subscribe to our blog to read answers to trending GD topics.
Image by Mabel Amber, still incognito… from Pixabay
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.
Subscribe to GD Ideas
Ask a GD Topic
We’ll try our best to write content for the asked topics as soon as possible.