- Imran khan is elected as Pakistan’s new Prime Minister, and will take oath as PM on Aug 11th, 2018.
Positive side :-
- In his victory speech, the new Pakistan’s PM Imran khan said that he is willing to improve Pakistan’s relations with India. He said ‘if India takes one step forward, we will take two’. He opined that peace between India and Pakistan will help both the countries. This gave everyone hope that Indo-Pak relations are going to improve.
- By observing his speeches in election rallies, it is evident that he is serious about Pakistan’s economic crisis. To improve Pakistan’s economic condition, it is necessary to have good relations with neighbors.
- Imran Khan has a long-term vision, which means he will try to make his country stable politically and economically. It will be a great thing for India, because having politically stable neighbor countries is very important for any country.
Negative side :-
- Imran Khan said in his victory speech that Kashmir is the core issue between India and Pakistan. He also stated that there are human rights violations perpetrated by the Indian security forces in Kashmir. This may create a negative impact on Indo-Pak relations, as India believes that Kashmir is not the core issue between the two countries, rather terrorism is. And India already denied human rights violations in Kashmir by Indian security forces.
- Till now, Pakistan leaders expressed their interest for peace talks but didn’t take further steps. If the new PM too does the same, there will be no hope for the better relations between two countries
- Imran Khan supports China and its projects in Pakistan, whereas China is improving its relations with Pakistan to counter growing India’s influence in South Asia.
- Several political leaders of Pakistan alleges that Imran Khan have ties with terror groups and Pakistan’s military funded his election campaigns. If it is true, there will be a threat of terror strikes for India, which will severely impact Indo-Pak relations.
- As India is preparing for elections of 2019, peace talks may not happen till then.
It’s too early to predict the situation of Indo-Pak relations in the near future. However, Paistan’s new PM’s public statement on improving Indo-Pak relations is a positive sign. Let’s hope for the better relations and peace between India and Pakistan.
What is your opinion on this topic? Join in the Group Discussion by adding your views in the comment section below. Subscribe to our blog to read answers to trending GD topics.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.