- In July 2022, the first-ever I2U2 (India, Israel, the US & UAE) virtual summit was organized.
- I2U2 is a grouping of four countries – India, Israel, the US & UAE. It was formed to cooperate on new projects in the fields of health, water, energy, food security, space, and transportation. The cooperation is mutually beneficial for all four countries.
- In the first virtual summit of the grouping, UAE announced that it will invest $2 billion to develop a series of integrated food parks across India with the potential help from the US and Israeli companies. Food parks link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers. So, this investment in developing food parks will help farmers in increasing their income. Moreover, it will also reduce food waste and spoilage.
- The group also announced a ‘hybrid renewable energy project’ in Gujarat to generate 300 megawatts of wind and solar power. It will be helpful for India’s goal of generating 500 GW of non-fossil fuel capacity by 2030.
- It was also mentioned that the grouping has identified joint projects in many areas and has also prepared a roadmap.
- I2U2 can help in addressing the food and fuel crisis in the world.
- India’s participation in the I2U2 grouping is a continuation of its ‘Look west’ policy.
I2U2 is a grouping of four countries – India, Israel, the US & UAE. In the first virtual summit of the grouping, two joint projects were announced and the potential joint projects were discussed.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Express your point of view through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
- India to give land for I2U2-backed food parks
- I2U2: A continuation of India’s ‘Look West’ policy
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.