- Terrorism refers to the violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror).
- Lakhs of innocent people have died because of terrorism. And so many people were badly affected. In the modern world, terrorism is one of the biggest challenges for the entire world.
- In general, terrorists cause bombings, kidnappings, armed Attacks, hijackings.
Intentions of terrorists:
Not all terrorists have the same intentions. The following are some of the main reasons why they chose to become terrorists.
- Some terrorists do not see themselves as evil. They think that they are fighting for a good reason. There is saying – “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter”.
- Some terrorists want to create fear in public.
- To catch the media attention.
- To get money easily.
- To decrease the country’s economy by discouraging foreign investments and tourists.
- To make their religion as the only religion in the world or to make it as the supreme religion.
- Negligence or injustice by the government.
- Perceived negligence/discrimination.
- Religious extremism.
- Extreme nationalism.
- Eradicating poverty.
- Solving the unemployment problem
- Creating awareness among people, so that they won’t get influenced/radicalised to join in terrorism.
- Severe punishments for creating panic among the public.
- Deploying personnel to counter-terrorism.
- Justice must not be denied and it should not be delayed too.
- Everyone must know the true meaning of religion and also the truth that killing people is against God.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.