- Some people work hard to become famous and some others get fame even if they do not want it due to working in certain fields. Often, fame is the byproduct of success. These days, there are many more opportunities such as social media apps to earn fame. But fame is a double-edged sword. That means it has both positive and negative consequences.
The positive consequences of fame:
- Fame will fetch more opportunities to earn and will help people market themselves in their field. That’s why so many people are utilizing social media to become famous and market themselves in the field of their choice.
- The increasing fan following can help in improving confidence.
- Fame can be used to become influencers & thereby can promote what they believe in. For example, they can promote body positivity, gender equality etc.
The negative consequences of fame:
- It’s difficult for celebrities to keep their personal lives secret. Celebrities have to cope with paparazzi on a daily basis. They can’t go to places where common people go and may have to spend more to stay in luxury places to maintain privacy. Lack of privacy can affect mental health in some people.
- No matter what they do, there will almost always be criticism. There will be some expectations on them that they should behave in a certain way. Many have to cope with social media trolls, memes and criticism. Even their words can be twisted and someone can make a controversy out of it. This too can affect mental health.
- If fame starts to fade, it may lead to depression in some people.
- Some famous people do not have any real friends and suffer from isolation.
Some people earn more money with the fame they got and some others suffer from the negative consequences of fame. A few people handle fame well by utilizing it to their advantage without falling into its trap.
What are your thoughts on this topic? Express your thoughts through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas