Pros of Digital revolution :-
- Digital revolution changed the means of communication. Instant communication and social networks are possible due to digital revolution.
- Everyone has access to information on almost anything. Digital revolution is the main cause of the emergence of knowledge economy.
- Smartphones and other gadgets made our lives easier.
- Globalization is at a faster pace.
- By using technology in health sector, now treatments became more efficient and easier.
- Digital revolution improved the productivity of businesses. Moreover, with the help of data analytics and instant feedback, companies have more opportunities to improve their businesses.
- Digital revolution is paving way towards transparency in governance.
- Many jobs were created in the newly emerged fields.
Cons of Digital revolution :-
- Digital revolution is making a lot of jobs redundant. Majority of these jobs are unskilled and semi-skilled. Whereas newly created jobs demand skilled professionals. This is causing severe income inequalities.
- Digital revolution resulted in information overload.
- Attention spans are decreasing.
- Now we have more threats such as cyber frauds, cyber bullying, trolls, fake news etc.
- Everyone’s privacy is at stake. Even governments are stalking their people by mass surveillance.
- Children and adolescents are more vulnerable than before due to internet predators, radicalization by terrorists etc.
- Many people are preferring virtual world over face-to-face interactions.
- Digital revolution is helping in the manufacture of destruction equipment. Now we have more dangers because even a drone can be used as a weapon.
Afterwords :- What is your opinion on this topic? Express your thoughts in the comment section below. Subscribe to our blog to read answers to trending GD topics.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.