Points to speak on ‘Time poverty’:
- These days, many people are complaining about not having enough time. They are facing time poverty and as a consequence, stress levels are increasing.
- Poor people are more likely to face time poverty than others because they can’t hire people for providing services. For example, hiring a house help will save some time, but poor people cannot afford those services. Women face more time poverty than men in general because most of the unrecognized work such as house chores, and taking care of children & elderly mostly falls on women due to societal norms. Some women even have to walk long distances to collect water and firewood for family needs. As a result, many women are not able to join the workforce even if they want to.
- In general, poor people have to work every day to meet basic needs. This results in time poverty. Even if they want to improve their economic condition, it is difficult for them to learn new skills due to not having enough free time.
- New innovations same so much time, but not everyone can afford them. For example, robot vacuums save plenty of time. People who can’t afford them have to sweep and mop, which can take a significant amount of time in their day.
- The pandemic forced many to work from home. This resulted in 24/7 availability for many employees, which deprived them of enough free time.
- During the pandemic, doctors had to work for longer hours and many doctors faced burnout due to not having enough time to rest and take care of themselves.
- Increasing technology addiction is causing many people time-poor.
- Parents with young kids, especially those with no help often face time poverty.
- Time poverty often causes self-neglect. As a result, most people who are time-poor neglect their physical and mental health. It can lead to mental health issues such as anxiety issues, depression etc.
- There are fewer women in the workforce and politics due to time poverty. As a result, the needs of the average woman are not addressed as much as required in government policies.
- This problem has created many businesses. For example, home delivery services, and telemedicine services are increasing at a rapid rate.
Time poverty often causes self-neglect. As a result, most people who are time-poor neglect their physical and mental health. It can lead to mental health issues such as anxiety issues, depression etc.
What are your thoughts on time poverty? Express your point of view through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.