Merger of PSU banks – Is it really necessary?Background :-
- Government of India is planning to merge government owned banks to create a few strong banks that can compete in a global race.
- PSU banks were hit hardly by Non-performing Assets (NPA). This is the reason Indian government
Digital IndiaWhat is the ‘Digital India’ program:
- ‘Digital India’ was launched in July 2015 by the Government of India. This is started with the aim to achieve three interconnected goals. They are
- Availability of high-speed internet to each and every citizen.
Is GST beneficial for the common man?Plus :-
- Basic food items prices aren’t increased. There is no tax on milk, pulses, wheat and rice.
- Prices of most of the daily essentials used by middle class people remain unchanged and prices of some daily essentials like soaps,
Farm loan waivers – Good or Bad?Theme :-
- It’s elections time, and every political party is promising farm loan waiver scheme.
- Agricultural debt waiver scheme was first implemented in 1990. Then, Rs.10,000 crore worth farm loans were waived off. From then loan waivers are implemented multiple