- NASA’s spacecraft ‘Parker Solar Probe’ became the first spacecraft that touched Sun.
Points to speak:
- ‘Polar Solar Probe’ is a spacecraft of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). It was launched in August 2018 to explore the mysteries of the solar environment.
- In April 2021, it passed through the Solar corona (the outermost part of the Sun’s atmosphere is called the corona).
- In Solar corona temperatures average about 2 million degrees Fahrenheit. But high temperatures do not always translate to actually heating another object. Since space is mostly empty, temperatures of several million degrees of Solar corona can heat the spacecraft up to about 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The spacecraft’s outer shield known as the Thermal Protection System (TPS) is made up of carbon-composite material to withstand extreme temperatures and also temperature fluctuations.
- The spacecraft collected samples in the solar atmosphere.
- This mission also helps in knowing more about Sun’s evolution and thereby can help in knowing more about other stars.
What are your thoughts on Parker Solar Probe? Express your point of view through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
- Parker Solar Probe: NASA Spacecraft touches corona of the sun; all you need to know
- Flying through ‘corona’: NASA’s Sun-shine moment arrives
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas. Day 18 of 365 Days challenge.