- COVID-19 pandemic caused so much damage to the world. While dealing with COVID-19, the world learned many lessons. And it’s important to learn the lessons to prepare ourselves for the next pandemic and also to prevent the possible pandemics.
Lessons for the world from COVID-19 pandemic:
- All the countries should maintain transparency with the other countries, especially in this kind of virus situations and needs to share important information as soon as possible. Had China alerted the world about the severity of the situation immediately after knowing about the virus, all the other countries would have taken precautions much earlier and the virus could be contained in one place.
- Lockdown to reduce the spread of Coronavirus cleared the skies and reduced the pollution to a drastic extent. This made us realize that whatever damage we are doing to the environment can be reversible. It made us focus more on sustainable development.
- The demand for luxury goods fell to a great extent. COVID-19 hit consumerist culture badly. This phase taught us that excessive consumerism is not needed.
- Even though coronavirus does not seem to be a biological weapon, the threat of bio-weapons is real. The fight against COVID-19 taught us to be better prepared for the future. Everyone understood that there is a need for more funding, equipment and human resources in the health care industry.
- It also taught us that vulnerable people like migrant workers will be most affected by this kind of situations. This phase taught us to take immediate steps to protect vulnerable people.
- Living in a globalised world has advantages and disadvantages as well. Almost every country is depending on the other countries for many goods. In the COVID-19 pandemic phase, when imports and exports are badly affected, all the countries are realising the importance of self-sufficiency.
- During this phase, many companies especially IT companies allowed their employees to work from home. It reduced traffic and enabled people to spend more time with their families. COVID-19 taught companies that work from home option is not as bad as they thought.
- Many people are now relying on the internet for many purposes like educating their children, availing telemedicine facilities etc. But still many people are deprived of internet access. This COVID-19 phase taught us that internet access should be available to all to prevent deepening inequality.
- Now many people are taking healthy food and avoiding junk food to boost immunity. Coronavirus taught us to focus on healthy eating habits.
COVID-19 pandemic came when the world is least prepared for it. This phase taught us to be better prepared for the future.
Photo by ArtHouse Studio from Pexels
What are your thoughts on this topic? Express your opinion on this article through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.