Table of Contents
How to improve the standard of sports in India:
- There should be adequate infrastructure, equipment and human resources in schools and colleges to guide and train students in sports.
- Awareness of sports should be given to children and young people. Sports are not just for winning medals. Children and youth need to know the positive impact of sports on physical and mental health. When they know the importance of sports, they will more likely to take up a sport.
- School students should have a facility to guide them on which sport suits best for them based on their physical characteristics and also abilities.
- There should be a mechanism to trace the talented kids so that they can be trained well. When they are given proper training from a young age, the path to the top will become much easier for them.
- Regular competitions in sports for all ages encourage them to excel in the sport of their choice.
- In India, there is so much support and financial incentives for the top sportspersons, but the same is not true for those who are struggling to rise to the top. Private companies such as Tata, Reliance foundation & JSW are investing at the grassroots level. Moreover, the Khel India scheme was started to do the same. But this is not sufficient. There is a need for more investments at the ground level. Public-Private partnership also works well in improving the sports infrastructure.
- Coaches are the backbone of the sports system. More coaches should be hired and they should be paid well. The job of coaches should be made more lucrative to attract the best talent. Along with that, there is a need for more investments in training coaches.
- Along with the training, the sportspersons that are aiming to rise to the top should be provided with adequate nutrition.
- The athletes who are being trained should be continuously monitored and feedback from them need to be taken so that the government can fix the loopholes and thus can improve the sports ecosystem.
- Sportspersons should be provided with advanced equipment so that when they compete with the sportspersons of other countries, they will not be at a disadvantage.
- There is a need to recruit more sports specialist doctors, and the jobs should be made more lucrative and thus we can make the life of sportspersons much easier.
- More medals and cash rewards will inspire sportspersons and also encourage others to take up sports as a career.
- The media should cover all the sports and not just cricket. This will motivate children and youngsters to try many sports.
There is a need to improve the infrastructure of the sports industry. When guided and trained well, many youngsters who are interested in sports can excel in the sport of their choice. The government need to invest at the ground level to trace and encourage talent. Even though sports are not just for winning awards, medals in international competitions will uplift the status of the country in the international community. So, by fixing the loopholes and by improving the sports culture in the country, India can win many medals in the upcoming Paris 2024 Olympics.
What is your point of view on this topic? Express your thoughts through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
- A sports culture beyond Olympics: To find lasting success, India needs to start at the very bottom
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.