- ChatGPT, which was launched by OpenAI in November 2022 is considered the best AI chatbot ever released.
What is ChatGPT:
- ChatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is an AI chatbot. It answers our questions like humans and writes so many things such as code, songs, poems & even essays.
- It is based on the GPT-3.5 language model. A language model is a computer program that is trained to generate and understand the human-like text. That’s why ChatGPT is able to respond with articulate answers.
- ChatGPT is also being used as a help by coders, and writers with basic things. It can help writers in overcoming writer’s block and generate new ideas. Students can take the chatbot’s help to understand the concepts in their subjects.
- There are several instances when ChatGPT is used for malicious purposes such as hacking. But the team behind it is actively working to prevent such uses.
Can it replace search engines like Google?
- Whenever we search for something on search engines such as Google, Bing etc., we have to choose a page to read or listen to about it. In cases where the page does not explain well, we must choose another one. To really understand it, we have to learn it in bits and pieces, and then piece it together. However, if we ask ChatGPT for an articulate explanation of a concept, it can explain it as humans do. Hence it saves so much time and therefore, learning new things takes less time and effort. Many people are saying that ChatGPT will replace search engines in the near future. However, chatbots have many limitations, so they cannot replace search engines at the moment.
- ChatGPT is trained on data that contains information and happenings until the year 2021. As a result, it is unaware of Russia’s war in Ukraine or any latest events. We can know about any latest happenings through search engines. Right now, ChatGPT cannot search for information on the internet.
- It cannot differentiate between genuine and fake information yet. It may provide wrong information in the responses. So, we cannot rely completely on ChatGPT. When we use search engines, we can open trusted websites to read or listen to authentic content. For example, when Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft asked ChatGPT to come up with the most popular south Indian tiffins, it replied with several tiffin options including Biryani. It is a wrong answer because Biryani is not a tiffin but a main course.
- When we asked ChatGPT whether we can rely on it for information, it replied – “You can certainly ask me questions and I will do my best to provide accurate and helpful information. However, please keep in mind that I am a machine learning model and there may be limitations to the information I can provide or errors in my responses. It’s always a good idea to verify any important information from multiple sources.”
- It cannot replace Google at the moment but it can give tough competition in the near future because the advanced version – GPT4 is currently being worked on. As Microsoft is an investor in ChatGPT, it is planning to integrate ChatGPT into the Bing search engine. When it happens, Google will face the first real competition in search. Google is working on its own chatbot – LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) for a long time, but it is not released to the public yet. So, Google too can integrate its AI chatbot into its search engine. Then users may have two powerful search engines to choose from.
ChatGPT is the most famous AI chatbot ever released. It can help users by providing information and answering questions. As of now, it can be used as an assistant while learning new things, writing, and coding. It cannot replace search engines at the moment due to its limitations. However, when the new version- GPT4 is launched, and after integrating with the Bing search engine, it can give tough competition to other search engines. Google is also working on its own AI chatbot LaMDA for a long time. Users will be greatly benefitted from the integration of AI chatbots into search engines.
What’s your take on ChatGPT? Do you think it can give tough competition to Google in the near future? Express your thoughts through the comment section below. And subscribe to our blog to read answers to the trending GD topics.
Photo by Maksim Goncharenok
- Will ChatGPT replace Google as our go-to web search platform?
- ChatGPT can be accessed through this link – https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.