- Maneka Gandhi recommended to legalize marijuana for medical purposes.
What is Marijuana :-
- Marijuana is a mixture of dried leaves and flowers of cannabis plant. It is used in several ways. Some people use it for medical purposes. Some others use it to get high.
- Indian government banned marijuana due to drug abuse.
- Marijuana can be used for medical purposes, such as reducing side effects of cancer treatment, in treating epilepsy etc.
- It can also be used as a painkiller and a stress reliever. If it is legalized, common people can use marijuana as an alternative to expensive medicines.
- As marijuana is illegal in India, some people are taking alternative drugs that are dangerous such as cocaine, heroin etc.
- There is no threat to life by overdose of marijuana. Hence it is safer alternative to alcohol and tobacco.
- Tobacco is very dangerous to health, but it is legal in India. So, it is not reasonable to make marijuana illegal.
- Through legalizing marijuana, taxes on it will be one more source of revenue for Indian government.
- Illegal trade of marijuana will be eliminated.
- If minors consume marijuana, it affects their brain development.
- Marijuana affects judgmental abilities, because it has mind-altering chemical. And hence people will get high after consuming it. This can lead to more crimes and road accidents.
- If it is legalized, it will be available in abundance. Hence more people will use marijuana.
- People that use marijuana will get psychologically addicted to it.
- Negative health effects of smoking marijuana are more severe than taking it orally. If it is legalized, people may use it to smoke.
Afterwords :- Do you think Marijuana need to be legalized in India? Express your thoughts in the comment section below. Subscribe to our blog to get new topics delivered to your mail.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas
Subscribe to GD Ideas
Ask a GD Topic
We’ll try our best to write content for the asked topics as soon as possible.