- Incidences of mob lynchings were increased these days in the name of unofficial beef ban. And the sad thing is that culprits are left unpunished.
- Majoritarian politics is becoming new norm. Food habits and beliefs of the majority are imposed on the rest.
- Earlier, it is not a crime to criticize government and the faults in country. But now criticism is labeled as Anti-Nationalism.
- Freedom of expression is turning into double standards. Hate speech by Majority religion leaders is getting little to no criticism. But hate speech by Minority religion leaders is getting severe backlash.
- There is a growing violence on Dalits.
- Censorship is increasing and is violating fundamental right of freedom of expression.
- Writers and journalists that are not supporting majoritarian politics are getting death threats.
- People are turning into overly sensitive. Several movies had to cut scenes because some people find it offensive to their caste, region or religion.
- Many religions and different cultures are co-existing peacefully in India, which is quite surprising to the rest of the world. India is the best example for religious co-existence. If there is intolerance, this wouldn’t be possible.
- There is always little intolerance and religious clashes in society.
- Average Indian citizens are friendly with each other despite their religious differences. It’s because of some political leaders, who try to create conflicts among religions for their selfish benefits of vote politics, India is appearing as intolerant.
- Media hype everything to get views and money. Media created panic among minority people and hence created a feeling of growing intolerance in India.
Though average Indian isn’t becoming intolerant, we can surely say that majoritarian politics are increasing and posing a serious threat to our nation. Severe action must be taken against the political leaders and people that incite violence in the name of cow vigilantism, nationalism etc. Only then everyone feels safe despite their caste and religion.
Afterwords :- Do you think intolerance is growing in India? Express your thoughts in the comment section below. Subscribe to our blog to get new topics delivered to your mail.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.
Subscribe to GD Ideas
Ask a GD Topic
We’ll try our best to write content for the asked topics as soon as possible.