Update :- Here is the updated article – 5 years of Modi government.
Table of Contents
- The biggest step by NDA Government is Demonetisation of 500 and 1000 rs notes. This step could reduce black money, eliminated fake currency and led towards cashless economy.
- There is no mark of corruption or scam on three years of Modi government.
- PM Narendra Modi being one of the dynamic leaders, managed to improve diplomatic relations with many countries like Japan, the U.S.A and Afghanistan.
- Under the NDA government, India has emerged as one of the fastest growing nations with 7% GDP rate, brought many foreign investment projects like bullet train to India.
- “Make in India” and “Skill India” programs were launched which helped many citizens to get jobs, which inturn improved the economy.
- PM Narendra Modi launched an initiative of “Digital India” trying to connect every citizen to the vast and beneficial digital world and with the aim to improve transparency in every sector.
- With Aadhaar cards, NDA government changed the face of identification system, Aadhaar is now used everywhere as an identity proof. Though Aadhaar is started by UPA government, the effective implementation is done by NDA.
- The government launched “Swach Bharat Abhiyaan” to clean the nation and as a result many public places, Railway Station, Cities and rivers are way cleaner than before.
- Many Public Toilets were built to stop open defecation in rural areas.
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) the biggest tax revolution since independence. It is a success as there is fall in the prices of many general commodities .
- NDA government launched schemes such as:
1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana under which citizens opened bank accounts with zero balance.
2. Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana to give houses to poor people.
3. Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana(PMKSY) with a mission to improve farm productivity and make sure better use of resources.
4. Atal Pension Yojana to offer pension to all.
5. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana which give free LPG connection to women from Below Poverty Line families.
6. Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana to give India at least 40 Cr. skilled people by 2022.
7. Sukanya Samridhi Yojana (Girl Child Prosperity Scheme): the primary focus was to make sure fair share to a girl child with respect to male child in resources and savings of a family.
8. Pradhan Mantri MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Yojana: to offer funding to the non-corporate small business sector.
9. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana an initiative to provide insurance to all citizens.
10. Beti Bachao, Beti Pdahao yojna to educate girl children.
11. Mann Ki Baat – to reflect people’s views.
- Scrapping of No-Detention Policy was a major step to improve education system.
- Boosting Travel and tourism through “Incredible India” project which placed India on 40th place globally.
- The One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme which was pending through decades was passed by government.
- On National Security front, NDA government increased the defence budget from 37.4 billion dollars to 53.4 billion dollars.
- The government took a major step by scrapping Planning Commission and introducing Niti Ayog, Bringing 3 and 15 years plans with clear agendas and aim. NITI Ayog turned states into efficient team members instead of being passive recievers of policies of Central government.
- India has jumped 30 places and ranked 100th in the World Bank’s ‘Ease of doing business’ ranking.
- Grievence addressing is improved. Interaction between government and citizens is much better than before.
- The government failed to pass the Land Acquisition Bill under government acquires private land for development purpose.
- Even after many attempts, government still struggles to bring peace in Kashmir.
- Problem of the Naxalite-Maoist insurgency with the government is still on rise.
- Black Money is not yet retrieved by the government.
- Government failed to eradicate unemployment as it promised during election.
- Government failed to stop the terrorism activates at Line of Control.
- There is still lack of accountancy in Railway department as several times Trains get derailed under their period.
- Minorities are feeling more insecure than earlier.
- Women reservation Bill is still pending.
- The biggest question to the government is even after investing huge sum of money in government sector, why people still prefers:
1. To go to private hospitals
2. Send their children to private schools.
3. Depends on private sector?
- Demonetisation faced appreciation as well as criticism. Eliminating 500 and 1000 rs notes severely hit the small enterprises and led to the cash crash during demonetization phase. Common people struggled a lot. According to annual RBI’s report, 99% of the demonetized notes returned to banks. This report revealed that the primary purpose of demonetization was not served.
- GST implementation caused more cash burn for businessmen. It affected small businessmen more as they needed to hire accountants to shift their businesses to GST taxation.
If we go by Opinions Polls and the news on the national channels, Modi government is moving in the right direction and we have to congratulate team Modi for doing excellent work. Some changes have severely affected the economy and citizens. If demontization was implemented more effectively, it would have given much better results and would have avoided struggles of commoners. Many steps taken may seem wrong now, but on long-term perspective, they are good for both the people and the country. He has to live up to the ‘sabka saath, sabka vikas’ slogan. It is too early to decide if the government is failed or not.
Afterwords :- What are your thoughts on this topic? Express your point of view in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.