- Modi government promised ‘New India‘ by 2022, when India will complete 75 years of independence.
- By 2022, it is promised that India will be free of corruption, black money, nepotism, casteism and dirt. By then, youth and women will get ample opportunities, farmers will be able to double their income & poor will have concrete houses, according to Modi government.
In Favor :-
- In three years of rule, Modi government could able to reduce corruption significantly. India could improve its rank in Corruption Perception Index. India ranked 79 out of 175 countries in Corruption Index 2016 by Transparency International.
- With the introduction of ‘Swachh Bharat’ scheme, the problem of open defecation is reduced significantly and steps are being taken to eliminate it totally. The importance to cleanliness is also improved significantly. Achieving ‘Clean India’ by 2022 seems very much possible.
- With ‘Make in India’ and ‘Skill India’ programs, youth now already has ample opportunities to prove themselves.
- Opening bank accounts for everyone under ‘Jan Dhan Yojana’ gave economic empowerment to everyone and especially rural women. Now it is much easier to start a business of their own. By 2022, situation will become much better and hence there will be more opportunities.
- Modi government is uplifting people and is helping people to raise their incomes instead of giving freebies as the previous governments. This is a great step towards eliminating poverty. ‘Poverty free India’ seems achievable by 2022.
- Though Modi government provided loans and credits to farmers, it is difficult to achieve double farmers’ income with the present schemes. Farmers need better prices for their agricultural produce. As doubling farmers’ income is a target in union budget too, it seems government will come up with more policies to achieve the same.
- Minorities felt much safer before the introduction of Modi government. Though the government is assuring safety and equality to minorities, incidents like beef ban, mob lynching etc are causing insecurity in minority communities. Hence eliminating communalism from India by 2022 seems far from reality.
- Terrorism is an international problem and not just India’s. World couldn’t eliminate terrorism despite fighting on it for decades. Achieving ‘Terrorism free India’ by 2022 may not be possible considering the present circumstances.
- Many castes are demanding for their stake of reservation. Caste politics are same as before. It seems impossible to getting rid of casteism within such a short time.
If the current pace of progress continues, most of the things that are visioned in ‘New India’ will be achieved. But few things like getting rid of casteism and communalism seem difficult to be done. Overall, it is predicted that ‘New India’ will be reality with a few exceptions.
Afterwords :- Do you think ‘New India’ will be a reality by 2022? Express your thoughts in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.