- With the rise of newsgathering mobile apps such a TOI, in-shorts along with cabled televisions, internet, a newspaper in almost every regional languages and radio broadcast, media has laid its web onto the minds of almost every citizen who comes in contact with such resources. This tremendous outreach makes people from every corner of this world aware of the events happening around the world and is regularly informing them of public matters.
- The Rich industrialist, corrupt ministers and even the known celebrities often get rid of court trials by bribing the police officials who later refuse to file FIR against them. For example, Bill Clinton, 42nd President of American was known to have assaulted four women tried his best to keep this controversy away from the press. Media being a watchdog of such misdemeanours, exposed the dark side of their president which later led to the impeachment of Bill Clinton.
- Media plays a very crucial role in moulding the mindset of the present generation and does an incredible job in bringing the criminal on the hook. The fear of being exposed and publicly shamed, everyone from the most powerful business tycoon to a normal college going teenager are now aware of their actions and the consequences of their actions. In a way, it curbs the number of crime cases happening every day.
- In cases like Jessica Lal or Aarushi Talwars mystery murder, the media play a vital role in instilling the victim in the minds of common people and authoritatively declaring someone as the criminal much before the CBI teams along with criminal courts even decide upon the final verdict. This not only objects to the decision made by the justice committee but also crushes the reputation of the accused.
- Different news channels have cut-throat competition amongst themselves in regard to which channel comes up with the best-cooked stories grabbing the attention of the audience and raising their TRP. As a result, they land up delivering wrong information at the cost of making it sound interesting.
- It hampers the complete administration of courts and their decisions. Trial by media simply dominates and question the existence of CBI teams and justice courts. People trust media and have faith in their separate investigations.
- ‘The Daily Mirror’ and ‘The Sun’ newspapers were help responsible for providing information to the people that could prejudice the trial in Joana Yeates murder case mainly for convicting the wrong murderer in the United Kingdom.This made the trial of this case next to impossible and hence couldn’t grant justice to the sole of Joana.
The primary problem lies in our constitutions which grants right to public trials. The bad impact of trials conducted by media can be corrected by giving only limited information to the journalists that is sufficient enough to keep the people of the nations aware of the happenings around the globe. This would not only regulate the accountability of investigator official towards us but also help criminal courts do their jobs with complete harmony and peace. Secondly, the criminal courts must try to ignore the media comments with disciplinary boards handling the conflicts between them.
Afterwords:- What is your opinion on this topic? Express your thoughts in the comment section below.
Copyright @ Group Discussion Ideas.